View Single Post
Old 2008-02-11, 10:28 PM
Blind Melon Follower

Re: Should we ban mindless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
The big problem is..... we aren't just a torrent site, like DIME. It would be easy to think of banning or limiting uploads for people with low ratios if all we were was a torrent site. But, what about those that download and then offer a Vine for every show they get? That is 'giving away' a whole show, kinda like uploading that amount to someone. Or, what about those that offer up a ton of B&Ps? The whole reason I added a list of Vines and B&Ps to a person's profile is so people can see if they offered them and then take that into consideration along with the ratio when they are asked to open a window.

These guys who have poor ratios and then come around asking for reseeds probably have a much lower chance of a reseed than someone who has a good ratio or someone who has also started Vines or offered B&Ps. Karma comes around to get them. Notice how that dudogger guy didn't even like the fact that we *show* ratios. He knows he is getting judged by it and doesn't like it (and may be embarrassed by it). I figure karma comes around to get these guys. Maybe not now, maybe not next week, but they will ask for a show to get reseeded and will have people ignore the request because of their ratio and lack of giving in other ways.

I think it's an all together bad idea. Not that my oppinion really matters. I'm working on my ratio now and can only upload at 40kbs a second so it takes time for people like me.

I DID however vote for an under .50 ratio ban, only if they can still upload.
And I only voted that incase someone decides they are going through with this, horrible horrible idea.

Every other bootlegg site pretty much does this, why do we have to?
Someone with a bad ratio doesn't quite mean they are bad traders.
There in lies the problem

P.s>
vladsmythe - we have never traded or anything but you upload some of the most kickass torrents.
I'm glad you came here from tapecity.........
It's people like you, who are offline traders as well as online that are the whole argument against ratio bans,
I would really hate to see you go man.

Just my $0.42,
TheBigLebowski

Last edited by ShutTheFuckUpDonny; 2008-02-11 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes