View Single Post
Old 2005-08-11, 11:23 PM
TTD VIP

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Funny, freezer, I was going to add the same disclaimer....
Go ahead, the first package I was to which I was referring already arrived before this thread started.

doorcoq should have something up this weekend.

And you will be making your first tape......when???

Quote:
I am sure the TTD folks would want all of the lineage they can get. But we are not always so fortunate. Does Peter Losin have all the lineage for all the shows listed on his "Miles Ahead" site? That's a definite no, I am sure, but I'll wager he spent 100's or 1000's of hours trading for multiple versions and sorting though his collection looking for best sources. If he can do it, with all of the good people here we should be able to do it too.
Using an example of a site laced with faulty lineage is only good if no one calls your bluff and looks at it. The only Miles tape I definitely, POSITIVELY know about on his list has a wrong source of origin...Caveat Emptor, baby...

AND I sincerely doubt that you are pushing for a rating system that simplistic....or maybe you are. Simple as ABC, right?

If you think that you will ever get a consensus of "ears" deciding on "the best sounding source", then I really do have some swamp land to sell you down here in southern Louisiana. You'll be lucky to get folks to follow the guidelines IF any are established...

Spectral analysis??? You can't get a consensus without a scorecard and you know it.

Or you can just go back to the tried and true system used by bootleggers and their fans; fabricating bogus lineages...

"Rinse, wash, repeat....." indeed...

Plus I am not the only 70's taper to resurface, I've heard from quite a few over on dime who lurk only. Most feel the same as I do. They're just not as vociferous as I.

Quote:
I think you mentioned somewhere that you took a break for awhile, so probably Nth-gen versions of your shows circulated then without lineage, but fortunately you came back and now we can have the some of the masters. We are lucky that you have been so kind. But some tapers don't come back. The plan would be to work our way up in quality, even though we might not always know the lineage at least we can listen as a group and use spectral analysis tools to help decide what is "best circulating source".
No masters of any tapes previously used for bootlegs from me, I thought I explained that I wasn't interested in covering previously released shows.

"If the best you can get is an unverified generation, then everybody has an even playing field."

Besides we're all going to be waiting on your first taping effort to be released... That's the plan, as I see it.

OR
Maybe you can get a tape made before the "Old Capt'n" gets them torrents out that he posted about.
>>>Help wanted bringing torrents to TTD. (6/30/05)<<<
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ead.php?t=8840

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes