Thread: DVD Menu maker
View Single Post
Old 2007-04-29, 01:35 AM
spiritinaphoto

Re: DVD Menu maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidecker
dvd architect
You're recommending a professional authoring program for someone who wants freeware?

Now to answer the question the Yaakov asked, the sad truth of the matter is that when it comes to DVD authoring, you very much get what you pay for. I don't recommend running out and buying what he suggested because I'm guessing you're a hobbyist and probably won't care if you don't have the full featureset of such a program. Perhaps the lite version (DVD Architect Studio) of the program he mentioned might be a better alternative. TMPGEnc DVD Author may be another good idea (I never did test their DVD creation program while I was still running Windows, but I know it was awesome for VCDs and SVCDs).

If you truly must have a free program, I suppose you could give DVDStyler a try. I haven't used it (won't install on my system for some reason), but it's a pretty similar frontend to what I use (QDVDAuthor). I'm not linking you to what I use because it's Linux only, and there's a few quirks you have to work around to get it to finish authoring.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes