View Single Post
Old 2005-09-28, 01:10 PM
lsmf

Re: Flac Fingerprint vs. st5 / Flac Frontend vs. TLH ???

Thatīs Blondie July 9, 1979, isnīt it?
These files are rotting on my harddisk since I downloaded. I asked dgkdgk (the taper and seeder) to reseed them and reported the torrent to the DaD staff. No response from the seeder, a mod over there said the torrent is ok as long as no other leecher has a problem with it.

If you listen to the problematic tracks you will hear digital errors, so please donīt trade this further without noting that in the info file.

The ffp-txt file matches the "fingerprint infomation" in the flac files, but the audio content has different checksums. Maybe the seeder flaced the files without verify?
In TLH "Verify checksum file" (ffp) does only compare the textfile to the "fingerprints" stored in the flacs. Where "Test encoded files" (same as flac.exes Verify) decodes the audio, calculates the checksums and compares that to the "fingerprint information" in the flacs.
This "Test encoded files" is comparable to a st5 checksum verification.

What I do is checking if all checksums do match and "test encoded files" (all in TLH) - additional listening to questionable files a bit closer and noting all problems. And maybe persuading the seeder, as he seems to be the taper, to reseed a fixed show.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes