View Single Post
Old 2005-08-06, 08:23 PM
dare to discover

Re: if your going to require checksums

I use md5summer to make my DVD md5s since it will make them the way I like them, outside the VIDEO_TS folder but will still verify everything inside of it. So if I'm making a DVD of my last public stripping performance and I've named the folder feralicious2005-08-05 it will make the md5 directly inside this folder and include everything inside of it. For me that's usually the VIDEO_TS folder, a txt file and an artwork folder.
Some people make the md5 for just the files inside the VIDEO_TS folder which I find annoying. It means you have to put the md5 inside it in order to verify it. I hate that. Cuz then you can't verify it after you've burned it since you have to burn it with it outside the VIDEO-TS folder.
www.md5summer.org

So...
Just open it up, navigate to the folder of your DVD and click on "create sums"
Choose "select all" and then "add" and then "ok"
Wait a while for it to do its thing
When it's finished it will open up the "save" window, just make sure you save it with the .md5 extension and your good to go!

One thing I usually do when I remember is go in and edit it by right clicking on the md5 and selecting "edit" and take out the md5summer references because if you use a program other than md5summer to verify that text shows up as an error and I find that annoying.

Last edited by feralicious; 2005-08-06 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes