View Single Post
Old 2005-07-18, 12:52 PM
Quux2112

Re: Can't get matching md5's on .VOB files

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcrazy2005
If you do a quick search for "DVD copying" or something of the like you will find several threads related to this.
I've done this of course, but can't find anything relating to my specific issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcrazy2005
I am not familiar with some of the iso stuff you are trying to do, but what I do know is that if you select a "DVD Video" project with Nero, it is known to modify some .ifo and .bup files (maybe the .vob's too, but I don't know about that). This would obviously cause the md5 not to match.
Various burning software changing the .IFO's and .BUP's I've found plenty about. Those files always match for me though. And if it were just a case of Nero changing the .VOB's, I could accept that and just not use it. I don't particularly care for Nero, and so use Decrypter for most of my copying. But the fact that the .VOB's in the iso's made by Decrypter fail md5 checks is what worries me. In fact, If I create two different iso images from the same disc, they will likely produce different sets of md5 hashes.

DVD Decrypter is widely used the way I'm using it (create an iso, burn iso to disc), so if anybody's done this and compared md5 checksums afterwards, I'd like to hear what results you got, good or bad. Same goes for imgtool.

quux
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes