View Single Post
Old 2009-05-05, 08:45 PM

Re: need to know if this is lossy as my torrent was banned at dime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
always deselect before doing the screenshot to get rid of the white haze...

but no, I don't think that is lossy at all.

the squeal just below 16kHz is flyback noise from a CRT that got into the transfer, most likely...

what was their criteria for calling it lossy?

hi james thanks for replying

I extracted the audio via xmpeg to wav looked good to me then I get this email,

Banned by site Mod Reason
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lossy.

According to the description, the audio files in this torrent are sourced from the AC3 audio in the DVD running at http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=246076.

Lossy files bloated to FLAC are not allowed on DIME. Only the original soundstream in its native format can be torrented

so what does that mean? I have never seen any torrents where the files were all ac3 or even one big file.

audio of this show was previously posted by ricola but it was incomplete and full of digi noise plus the wrong date but that fuck up is still running I did a lot of work to post that show especially on the sound enhanced version (some 30 hours) and what gets me is I have some shows from dime that turned out to be lossy but those torrents were never banned and they were not the only version available.

its almost not worth the effort to try and bring something good to people now a days as theres always some wanker pissin on the parade.

thanks and take care
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes