Thread: Lineage
View Single Post
Old 2023-08-05, 10:40 PM

Re: Lineage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioarchivist View Post
Yeah it does sorta feel like rules like this don't get applied evenly. The soundboard of this that has no real lineage is running here... Maybe it should get pulled too, then???
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=149905
Yep.

I can also see torrents on here where there is official material present.

Think Dandrew must have got out of bed on Saturday in a bad mood, he pulled my torrent with two words - "no lineage" and another one by someone else with "buy it". I've seen more courtesy from Dime moderators! One might have thought the idea of being a moderator was to 'be moderate' ...

It's annoying because I spent a lot of time on the torrent - true I made some typos in the prep but it was pulled for 'no lineage'. A shame because I wanted it shared because I felt the presentation with speed correction (and gain levels matched just a little across the concert) with no EQing was about as true a presentation of the soundboard of the night that could be shared. To spell it out, as eqs (much as I like some of them and have done a few myself) and presentation running slow are a deviation from that.

Much as I like the other sites I have now shared it on, there's a little more reach here, and I put together a piece I included with it, on the KFBH presentations of Blondie live in 1978/79 that I was keen to see if any had others opinions / info relating to. Now looking at setting up a blog to share that - bit off topic for technobabble, but if anyone can remmend good platforms for sharing live recordings (not officially released) and occasional writings on bands... ? Done some research on this but pointers welcome.

Last edited by Stranger09; 2023-08-05 at 11:35 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes