View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 01:10 PM

Re: MP3

Well, I for one have an ipod. It doesn't support .flac, and even if it did, i can fit ~6 times more music on there if i convert the flac to mp3. However, i won't post any of these self-converted shows anywhere myself, and i still keep the flac files. If i share any of these with close friends, it will be audio cds burnt using the flac files.
But then, asking people not to convert your flac files into mp3 (or other lossy formats for that matter) is getting into territory similar to the big record companies insisting on DRM on their cds and digital music. Why should you have any say in what i do with files i get here? You can tell me what to do only in regards to the actual downloading - and this only because you run the tracker the torrents use. If you enforced a ratio, that would be fair enough, but telling me not to convert to mp3? So what, i download all this excellent live music but then i can only listen to it if i act like an audiophile?
Incidentally, i know my ratio is bad but i'm about to post here asking for specific advice regarding that fact.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes