View Single Post
Old 2007-05-27, 01:31 AM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Govner
As a taper I do not think it is too far out of line to ask that the torrent not be reseeded elsewhere until the torrent is not active with leechers.........most torrents will drop off within a few days of the first complete download. If it was all about getting it out ASAP I would post it at as many torrent sites as I could personally but anybody who wants to download a show from here is welcome with little or no restrictions. It sounds like to me that "Zomb" just got their nose bent out of shape because they didn't have it posted on their site first as it is a Smashing Pumpkins based torrent site and could not wait until the original torrent had run it's course.
Just to clarify - that isn't entirely accurate in this instance. ZOMB's nose got bent out of shape when the original seeder decided to insult ZOMB in the description text of the torrent, explicitly stating that ZOMB sucks and that the show shouldn't be shared there. I will concede that having some ZOMB members proceed to upload the show on ZOMB as soon as possible was in poor taste, and not something I personally endorsed. It had nothing to do with the show not being posted to ZOMB first.

Anyway, other than that clarification - I completely agree with your comments regarding letting a torrent run its course where it is first uploaded.