Thread: FM vs MP3
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 01:21 PM

Re: FM vs MP3

Here is my opinion Tony. I recently captured 2 BBC 6 broadcasts. "The John Bonham Story" and "The Joy Of Six" interviews with John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page about Bonzo and your spectral 1 looks like it exactly when not zoomed in. As far as spectral 2 it looks like mine exactly when zoomed in on 2 seconds area. Yours does not appear to be a satellite transmission but a capture of a BBC broadcast over the internet. To support my theory this is not a satellite broadcast I enclose a spectral snapshot of 2010.06.06 Them Crooked Vultures - Nürburg, Germany which was a satellite transmission and 3hrsoflunacy was gracious enough to extract the audio. The audio on the broadcast was MPEG-1 @ 192 kbps. I also provided a snapshot of my BBC 6 broadcast which to my eyes looks lossless. imo if it was lossy you would have blocks on top around 16K and/or the area above 16K would be mostly white. If i'm wrong it won't be the first time, but this is my opinion with pics to back up that opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SatelliteBrcst.jpg
( 328.2 KB, 23 views)

File Type: jpg JohnBonhamStory.jpg
( 316.9 KB, 19 views)

Remote Power: CA-9100 pre-amp, CA-UBB battery box
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d
Cable/s: custom 6" GAKables Mini Starquad
Batteries: Maha 9.6V Imedion, Maha Powerex 2700 mAh
Chargers: Maha MH-C9000, MAHA MH-C490F
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes