Thread: trojan?
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-26, 09:17 PM
Help, I'm Iraq

Re: trojan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inside-eye
Nice pointers there,thankyou. Starting With the safe mode scan It still encountered the same problems.

EWIDO read like wierd or wierdo to me.sorry. Through some "light" investigation the following trojans have now been removed:

trojan horse downloader.generic.VGO 6.93 KB- one.
trojan horse proxy.BBR 4.5 KB- five,and returns with every start up,tommorow will be six times.

These trojans are not yet removed:

trojan horse.abuiz.c.- one.
trojan horse kws.combo.h.- two.

And just for the hell of it, there is one hundred and sixty eight mal/adware,of which thirty eight are still active.
I got rid of norton,its crap
Are bio's like the binery ?
Thanks everyone.

You should open up the task manager and indentify any malicious applications or processes that are running. In order to remove some of these, it is first neccessary to stop them running, as many of them are written so as to prevent either the downloading or the execution of anti-viral or anti-spyware programs.

It also sounds llike you have not been very viligant in protecting yourself. You should run Ad Aware every day, and something like Spybot at least once a week. No program like Norton will ever protect you completely, although I agree that AVG is much better.