View Single Post
Old 2022-11-02, 08:33 AM
Crimson (Greg)

Re: Can someone else try IVPN? Re: Firewalled

I've tried using a VPN here and the tracker won't allow to me connect giving a message in the tracker status that I can't remember. All my issues with performance here coincide with the implementation of Cloudflare. There have been many others reporting the same timing for them but some can't connect or seed at all. I couldn't connect either at the time Cloudflare was implemented but I can now. My performance is suffering badly but at least I'm able to connect, download and seed a little on busier torrents. I've been using the same client throughout which is uTorrent 3.5.5. When I was locked out I went to a different computer also running Windows 10 and with repeated attempts I was able to download. At that time, TTD would be closing so I wanted to pick up whatever I still needed for my collection before it closed for good. After a few weeks, I decided to try again with my desktop and then I was able to connect. Hard to expain for sure. I used to be able to seed well (despite the stealth firewalling by Xfinity) but now it's nearly impossible. My old average here was about one to one and a half. Now it's maybe one to .25 at very best. I'm thoroughly convinced that this marked difference was caused by Cloudflare. I hope this information helps get things right. I won't be able to maintain enough ratio to remain viable if the current situation continues. Thank you xavier for taking on this major challenge. We really appreciate you keeping TTD alive and well for the forseeable future.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes