View Single Post
Old 2007-03-14, 05:08 PM
pretty when I'm drunk

Location: between my owners legs, and someone else's too, USA
Re: Rack System vs. cpu software

thanks for the info, this thread, again, was mainly started as I KNOW that I don't do things the way "most people" do, but I've studied sound (on my own, not schooled) for close to 15 years...my main "playback system" is

Denon DJ cd player >
2 1400 watt Crown CSL amps bridged "parallel mono" >
18" Yamaha subs >
15" Cerwins with midrange horn

etc...not terribly impressive, I'm aware some people spend more on cables than I spent on the entire system.

that said, whenever I've eq'd, I've ALWAYS used a 31-band VISUAL analyzer in addition to my ears, when you can SEE where the bass (40hz - 200hz) is overloading or the cymbals (6.3khz - 12.5khz) are underachieving, you can compensate to make an "even bouncing spectrum" vs. the original tapes flaws...10khz and 12.5khz seem to be the "hiss frequencies" when dealing with generated tapes (i.e. drag one them down to -12db and that usually fixes the problem), and 31 bands is "every 1/3 octave" (or so I've been told), or, supposedly the maximum difference the human ear can discern.

basically, I'm TOTALLY "self taught", and while open to learning new methods, I'm so satisfied with what I'm doing now that it'd take a bit to win me over to a new way of thinking?

or am I just fucked in the head? :dorky gay winkie here:

I don't use smilies, they're too limiting.

flame away, my shoulders are large...and wide.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes