View Single Post
Old 2007-04-07, 11:51 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Wildly varying UL speeds?

First off, it isn't a tracker thing. All the tracker does is let you know about other users on the same torrent and keep track of your stats. It can't in any way do anything about your speeds. It is all up to your client to figure out which user it will be sending information to (your upload), just as it is up to the users client to figure out who it will be sending information to (your download if they choose to send to you). Once the client decides who to send the information to, it is up to the other persons client on what the rate may be. If at one point you were sending info to a person who has a fast download rate and then your client switches to sending information to someone who has a slow download rate, then you will see a big change in your upload rate.

You may want to play with your Options > Transfer and see if changing the max slots or max connections will stabilize your speeds. I left mine at the default and it seems to work fine for me. (My max upload is 52, max download is 300, so my settings are max upload slots: 4, max connections: 50, and Max connections globally: 250)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes