View Single Post
Old 2007-02-19, 09:05 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member

Re: Any Vegas Movie Studio users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDerhak
There is no VBR information that I can see when I pull up the rendering menu as a MPEG-2 format. If I pull up Windows Media Video-9 as the option to render to, it says "Quality VBR 90". In MPEG-1, it apparently defaults @ a constant bitrate os 1,700,000, but I haven't tried that method..

MPEG-2, for whatever reason is a format that is apparently not adjustable in Vegas, because the "Custom" button is blacked out when that style is selected?

This is getting more confusing!!!! :-(
It sounds like something is not registered/activated properly.... possible the mpeg-2 module which uses mainconcept's encoder. There are numerous setting to adjust with the mpeg-2 codec in Vegas. It shouldn't be greyed out. You rendering program doesn't care whether it is dual layer or single... it just spits out a file. You shoudl adjust the bitrate to make that file fit onto a single layer or dual layer but that program doesn't care. You authoring program will care and you ahve to adjust the settings for dual layer. I'm not at my computer with that on it or I would tell you where. It's probably in the project setup or in the mastering settings area of the preferences.