View Single Post
Old 2008-09-17, 08:26 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Are mp3 master recordings allowed @TTD???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace View Post
Gee. I think you are going to see a huge upswing in the amount of mp3 sourced shows out there because of one simple thing: i-pods that record. Now ton's of average Joe's with an ipod are going to start using them for concert taping simply because its in their pocket when they get there
thats like saying we should allow cell phone video clips since it might be the only video of the show...sorry, but it ain't gonna happen -- thats not what TTD is here for

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace View Post
but its sadder that this site will not allow an mp3 master, without re-encoding loss, to be put here, thus depriving the people who use only this site or sites like this of these shows.
i'd venture to say that the people who only use this site and the ones with similar standards do so because they aren't interested in the low-quality pocket recordings...and i guarantee the ones who do want the mp3/lossy recordings get them at the dozns if not hundreds of other forums/communities outside of what you call the "elitist sites"

fwiw, i have numerous mp3 shows in my collection that were only "released" in that format, and there will never be a lossless version...we're not saying you shouldn't have mp3 sources in your collection, this just isn't the place to u/l them...simple as that

not to sound egocentric, but think of it in restaurant terms -- the sites which allow anything & everything being yer J&S cafeterias, and a site like TTD being yer Michelin-rated fine dining kinda place...we're not telling people they shouldn't go to the $5.99 all-you-can-eat buffet, it's just that yer not gonna get that kinda food at our restaurant