View Single Post
Old 2008-04-07, 10:24 AM
TTD Staff

Lightbulb Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1061 View Post
Can I ask what the difference is, when you select varify checksum files, then add fingerprints, and when you do the same thing but ckeck full ffp vif.? With the box checked it takes a lot longer, so that implies to me that tth is doning more work. Until I just saw Jamie's comment in the checksums demistified thread I thought I was verifing the files properly with the box un-checked.
Thanks Mike
With the box Full ffp verify unchecked the checksum given in the .ffp file is compared only against the one stored in the .flac file header. The audio data is not checked at all. The only way to definitely verify flac files is to check the Full ffp verify box. Now additionally the audio data is compared against the checksums mentioned above. But this needs decoding, and that's why it takes so much longer to process.

Because using the Full ffp verify box unchecked is pretty senseless I finally removed the box/option long time ago. Full ffp verify became the default setting and cannot be turned off anymore.

Note that your TLH version is completely outdated if it offers that box. Please upgrade!

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes