Thread: whoweeds
View Single Post
Old 2005-08-14, 03:39 PM
New Homebrew

Re: whoweeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterrose35
actually they are worth having. and if you had read the posts they were all done by the same guy. and what do you mean so much who material making the rounds?

These are being put up by request of those who would like to check them out. I am not going to stop circulating them because you do not feel it is worth it. you have a choice. do not download.

and if there is so much who material doing the rounds as you say, maybe you can put your money where your mouth is and seed some upgrades? or you have better sounding stuff.......?
What I mean is that generally speaking, and compared to other bands, those collecting The Who are careless regarding quality. Documented quality sources are out there, but It's easier to download a bootleg cd than find traders and tapers. The readily-available download/weed type material is substandard, and has proliferated widely, making that task even harder.

I don't care for the Who Weeds series. For example, the Miami 1976 show you mention, unaltered 1st gen transfers are available. Lower gen is also available for Volume 1 of the series. I'm sure people will still download them and enjoy them, but I wouldn't hold them up as final statements on a particular recording.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes