View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 03:58 AM
IC Elvis & hear God on my iPod

Location: Latitude: 52,3500°, Longitude: 4,9167°, Altitude: High
Re: DVD Authoring/Chaptering Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlennon696 View Post
Hi there, I have burned a DVD to my CPU using DVDShrink, and have used the author feature to seperate the different files i need into various folders (it is a music concert DVD)
Anyway, anyone know a program to sort of combine all the chapters/folders together and make a DVD , possibly with a menu, and with it chaptered,

Hope i explained it ok, thanks for any help
Hi, like Tommy said don't use programs like DVDShrink or DVD FAB Decrypter to copy a DVD to your HDD. Just open (or explore) the DVD and copy/paste all files to your HDD and you're good to go.

On this site (videohelp.com) you can find a lot of authoring programs (ranging from free to very expensive). If you just want to author a couple of dvd's for your own private use, I would opt for a freeware or a trialware program of some kind, but the choice is up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlennon696 View Post
Someone also mentioned Cyberlink-PowerDirector...
Yes that could do the trick for you (trialware Cyberlink-PowerDirector available here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunn2760 View Post
I use TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 which is very user friendly. I believe there is a newer version out now.
Yes, the newest version is TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5.
If you want to make sure you don't re-encode the footage at all, I would recommend you to try and track down TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 (may be Ebay?).

If a DVD authoring program doesn't accept multiple VOB's you can always join them with something like VOBMerge. VOBMerge is a tool for merging several VOB files into one big VOB. This tool can be useful for seamless playback on your PC and/or editing of DVD video on your harddrive. Don't use it to join several dvd's, just use it to join a single vobset from same dvd.