View Single Post
Old 2005-01-03, 01:12 PM
Yeah, that's a zebra donkey

DVD of unknown source

I have a question about a DVD that I want to torrent here (well, link to an external torrent), but there is a problem with the lineage. The torrent was posted at EZTree by the taper of the show, and he only provided the text file that I am copying below. I have emailed him to try to get more info, but he has not returned my messages. Let me know if there is anything I can do to share this great video.

-Phil

Here is the text file:

Alright music fans…Here is a treat.

Merlefest 2004 Midnight Jam, a glorious event that ran from midnight to 3am and included some of Bluegrass music , and well heck…any music’s most talented artists. What a treat!

After it was over, I noticed that although most everyone had left the auditorium, there was a wonderful sound coming from backstage. As I peered beyond the rocking chairs that decorated stage front, I saw a gathering of 30 + musicians, having a fun pickin’ and grinnin’ jam session.

I grabbed a video camera and jumped up on the stage to capture around 20 minutes of heartfelt fun and exciting bluegrass from some of the best pickers on the planet!

Among the artists were:

Chris Thile, Sara Watkins, and Sean Watkins of Nickel Creek, Mike Marshall, Darol Anger, John Paul Jones (YES! JOHN PAUL JONES OF LED ZEPPELIN ON MANDOLIN, a special guest), Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, The Kruger Brothers, Mark Schatz, Pete Wernick, Gabe Witcher, and a host of others.

I apologize for the bouncing and jouncing, but it was the best I could do as excited as I was ( You may hear the hoots and hollers ).

It is in DVD format, and should be able to be played with any DVD software or Quicktime, and can be burned to a DVD easily with CD Creator or Nero.

As with ALL sharingthegroove recordings, please DO NOT profit from this little tidbit. Enjoy, share with your friends, but DO NOT SELL THIS RECORDING.

Thank you to Merlefest, and all the wonderful artists that come together each spring in Wilkesboro, NC to make us all smile!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did seeing this impromptu backstage jam LIVE

Peace be with you…
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes