Thread: trojan?
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-25, 07:02 PM
dare to discover

Re: trojan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyTaper
Is this with Norton 2006? Norton recently busted the cracked cersion. Could be that. If it is infact a trojan, what one does Norton think it is? Find out which one it is than it is very easy to clean most off..... but if it is indeed a trojan, I would format my computer and clear the bios. Really nasty ones can hide in the bios, etc.. and repropogate themselves even if you format.
How do you clear one off your Bios? I might have one in there.

When I reformatted and went to load Windows off a disk my friend gave me I got a message from some AV software company that said I had a boot virus, didn't say anything about how to fix it, had a website on the message. I visited the website and it's an anti-virus software site and gave no instructions on what to do and I still don't understand how/why I got that message off a Windows disk for a newly formatted drive. I don't know where that Windows came from, it could very well have been a pirated version, maybe it was just advertising?

In any case I wouldn't mind checking further into the situation since I'm planning on doing another fresh install of Windows.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes