View Single Post
Old 2006-07-31, 04:27 PM

trouble burning dvd

I just got into downloading dvd files after years of downloading audio files. Now, while it is still new ground for me, I feel that I have progressed in a relatively decent manor; until today. I just picked up a 25 pack of sony dvd-r so i can watch concerts on my home player. Before I used the discs that were given to me when i got my drive from the store. They weren't bad, just that I could only use them on certain players. So, after pickin up the new blanks, I wanted to be able to burn the dmb2005-08-21 gorge concert that I had downloaded a while ago. So I place the disk in, message window pops up, close that, start nero (oem version), load all of the files into the video-ts folder. Once the program started, it went through all of the cache-ing that it goes through, and then and error message popped up saying that it was an illegal disk. At first I thought to myself that maybe the disks were labled wrong, checked it, sure enough - dvd-r. So I tried it again, same thing. And just to make sure that I wasn't going crazy or seeing things, I checked the drive info through nero, and noticed that my drive handled these types of disks. So... after reading so related topics on here, I decided to give ones a try (simple user interface, its great). So, I put the disk in, try burning, crapped out again, ran two tests through Ones, both crapped out. Even testing on 1x, it failed. As far as I know, its not the burner itself, because it worked fine earlier when I burned oar2005-11-19 from RPI field house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to get this off of my hd, so I can watch it, and have more space to download more.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes