View Single Post
Old 2007-04-18, 11:35 AM
Cruddy Old Shirt collector :-)

Re: Serious Problems - VHS - Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
any online us retailer can ship to the uk...but i'd recommend B&H Photo & Video, check their Used Equipment section...very reliable and quality gear
Agreed, I bought my JVC NTSC SVHS recorder from B&H top class service, fast delivery and the guy I sopke to on the phone when I bought it was excellent.
Though to void all that get an older Sony VHS VCR some have a switch at the rear to output a true NTSC signal or NSTC playback on PAL TV.
all other UK VHS/SVHS VCRS just output a pretend PAL signal from an NTSC tape, no standalone recorder or PC can record this signal. But if you get an old Sony and it has the switch to set it to output a true NTSC signal, connect it to a Panasonic standalone DVD recorder as they can all record in PAL or NTSC, just go into its settings and change to NTSC, depending on your TV you will still see a B/w picture with lines through it or a perfect colour one, if you see colour then that means your TV is also PAL/NTSC compatable. And if all else fails pay someone who has the gear to transfer any system or format to DVD, such as me
Oh and as for Rare uncirculated shows, you better let us know what it is before you go to the time trouble and expense to transfer something that might not rare or uncirculated, if I have a pound for the amount of people who have told me they have something thats "So Rare" I'd have enough for a fortnight in Ibiza.