View Single Post
Old 2016-10-21, 07:53 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Looking for someone to convert audio tapes!!!!!

Kind of scary that someone can miss the point so completely when they're asked a simple and totally logical question, hey?

I'm glad that I'm not in a big hurry to get rid of all those VHS tapes. I'm trying to figure out where they should go and who ought to get what of them. I guess this thread helped me figure out a little bit of that!

If you're asking for help, you should be specific. If you want someone to work on music, you should make sure that they're actually a fan, so they'll do a good job because they care about it. Are you hoping to just get a fan of technology who just enjoys doing tape transfers for free?

A properly authored DVD takes time. Even doing a "good" standalone transfer takes some time. I've done standalone transfers and going in and making proper track markers for each song and finalizing the editing takes some extra time. Then again, mastering a cassette properly takes me at least half a work week to do right. What's the big rush on doing transfers? Slow down and do them properly...

Why wouldn't you just disclose what you were looking to have done? It doesn't encourage me to trust you...