View Single Post
Old 2006-05-09, 10:57 AM
Seiwa-en
TTD VIP

Re: firewalled at TTD - but not at Dime

Randy, I had the EXACT same problem happen to me a couple/few months back. One Saturday morning I woke up, and TTD said I was firewalled, even though I had never been. No other sites ever showed me as firewalled. Then just last week, I stopped being firewalled on TTD. I think I figured out what happened (at least in my case). My Norton anti-virus 2005 had expired back when I first became firewalled on TTD (it wasn't the same day though, but close). While exploring all possible options, I knew that when my Norton expired, Windows firewall was turned back on. (When Norton is installed, it recommends turning Windows Firewall OFF, so it was). So I turned it off, and still nothing, I was still being firewalled here. Portwarding...yada....yada. Nothing seemed to work. Just last week, I renewed my Norton subscription. After I did, I'm not firewalled here on TTD anymore. When installing it, it once again asked me to turn off my Windows firewall, which was already off, but I clicked 'yes' anyway. It was very strange. My computer knows something I don't. That's my experience Randy. Hope it provides you w/ some ideas maybe. Good luck. BTW, my upload/download speeds never changed the whole time I was firewalled on TTD. Not one kb/s.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes