View Single Post
Old 2006-04-26, 09:58 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Mac guide to downloading and viewing...

Also, once you use xACT to extract, you will end up with a bunch of files and want to batch rename them. Here's a post I wrote for someone else to be able to do it:

Quote:
Also, I'm a mac user and very familiar with xACT. I've found a quick way to do away with filenames altogether (I know you won't want to do that with this seed, but for future reference...). Open xACT and go to the util tab. Drag all the files from disc one into the window. Leave the selection at batch rename. Hit Execute. It will ask you for the prefix. For this show you would do something like "rush1994-05-04d01t" (I put d01 to denote disk 1, for the second disk, you would put d02, and the t for the track number because it will keep the numbers from in front of the names). Hit OK. Then it will ask you about the period found, tell it to keep it as an extension. You will then end up with tracks named like this: rush1994-05-04d01t01.flac, rush1994-05-04d01t02.flac, rush1994-05-04d01t03.flac, etc. Then, do the same thing for the second disk. xACT's batch rename is really simple!

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes