View Single Post
Old 2006-04-09, 01:00 PM
One-Eyed Chesire

Re: Can't fast rewind past chapter breaks on DVD 9 burnt w/Nero

What I have learned/discovered is that Nero, though fine for burning VIDEO_TS folders to DVD5, cannot successfully burn VIDEO_TS folders to DVD9 (dual-layer); however, Nero will burn ans ISO image to a dual-layer DVD9 with no problems.

If you have an ISO file, you may burn it with Nero or DVDDecryptor. I have found that Decryptor demands full resources from my PC and any active torrents I have running drop to zero, so I use Nero.

If you need to create an ISO file from a VIDEO_TS folder, you can either use Folder2ISO or DVDShrink, which has the option to create an ISO image to your HD, or to create an ISO image on HD and then burn it with DVDDecryptor.

Personally, I prefer DVDShrink to Folder2ISO for the creation of the ISO image, and as I already said, I prefer Nero to DVDDecryptor for burning the ISO image.

YMMV.

Aiko

p.s. - I contacted Nero support with regard to the shortcomings in their product, but they are a bunch of morons who do not read what their customers write, and only send out boiler-plate responses that are of no help. They don't seem genuinely interested in rectifying the issue; they will not even acknowlege the problem exists, though it appears to be common knowledge in the various forums I have searched.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes