View Single Post
Old 2007-01-06, 01:16 PM
ZosoPlayer

New Collector Question re Lineage, Burning, Quality Loss, etc

Hello

I am a new collector with a ton of questions. If anyone would mind helping me I would appreciate it!

1. I downloaded a show in flac format and want to burn to a cd. Do I need to use eac for this?

2. I am trying to understand how to read a shows lineage and to relate this to what the quality will be and place a value on the show based on the lineage. Is there a place you can direct me that helps explain this?

3. Lets say i bought a bootleg. The cd I get would be considered the 'silver'?

4. It seems to me that to be able to read and understand a shows lineage, you need to understand how quality is lost during various transfers. For example:

Master>DAT>CDR ----> Generally speaking, do you lose quality when a show get transfered from a master (this means the original source of the show, sbd stu or aud, correct?) to DAT? Is there quality loss from DAT to CDR? Or does it all depend on how the show is transfered?

5. When I download a show off the internet and burn it to cd, does that cause a loss of quality? IE, how can tell the spots along the lineage where there is going to be quality loss from the original master?

I have a bunch more but this should give me a good start and lead to new questions. Thank you in advance!

ZosoPlayer
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes