View Single Post
Old 2014-01-29, 05:48 PM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP

Thumbs down Bad Trader: ballsdeep

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...d.php?t=108577

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsdeep View Post
I can't upload, though I have a TON of not sure if there's a way to do a "3 way" trade, 90% of what you see is accessible (some '10 and '11 audios/videos are lost on a drive thats NOT broken, but can only be hooked up to a desktop, or so I've been told)
I cut and pasted this quote from the above thread. It's a line that I've heard from ballsdeep myself.

Sometime early last year, I was putting together a multi-cam of Van Halen's 2012 St. Louis show. ballsdeep mentioned that he had some footage from that show and he would send it to me if I wanted it. I got his footage and mixed it into the project and he seemed happy with the way it turned out, and a long exchange of emails followed in which he told me he had dozens and dozens of shows that were just waiting to be authored to DVD. I expressed interest in doing this for him. I concluded that the only practical way to do this was for him to put his raw videos on a hard drive. So in June 2013, I purchased a 2TB hard drive for $130 and sent it to him. I got regular reports from him about how he was transferring videos to the hard drive. It seemed like it would take a lot of time and work to transfer all the videos, but I was in the process from moving overseas to the US, so there wasn't any rush, as it would have to wait until after I finished my move.

In early October, I was finally was ready to get back into doing video projects, and I contacted him and told him I was ready to get started on the hard drive. He responded and mentioned he had this other hard drive (the one he mentioned in his above post) that was loaded with videos, but he couldn't access it. I asked him several questions about the drive, and did some research on it, but I never really got a good idea of how it operated. I was busy getting started in a new job, and didn't respond right away to an email he sent me on 8 October. And then on 10 October, he sent me a short email saying, "ok, I guess you're not interested...no worries, be well."

I replied and said it's not that I'm not interested in this other drive - it's that I had just started a new job and couldn't respond right away. We exchanged a few more emails discussing the other drive. His last email to me was on 26 October, and he said, "ok, again, it seems like you're not interested, so be well, sorry to have bothered you."

And that's the last I've ever heard from him. I've sent him numerous emails since then, I've PMed him here at TTD and at Dime (he logs into both sites daily), and I've asked other people to contact him on my behalf.

In my last attempts at corresponding, I told him if he's no longer interested in me working on his videos - that was fine. I simply asked that he send me back the new hard drive I sent him.

But not a word from him.

So a word to anyone considering any kind of a trade or transaction with ballsdeep: BEWARE.