View Single Post
Old 2011-04-09, 02:05 PM
C'est Bon

Re: Sony Bravia HDMI audio sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrayoll View Post
I still have a working three in one flat screen vhs n dvd equipped tv set.
Quote:
The TV is not older (as the thread title says ....duh)
Do you see what I did there?

Quote:
after trying all the other routes for audio signal I found the only one that provides correct sync for watching live music with the gear I have set up in that room.
You went around your elbow to get to your ass...You had to convert the pure digital audio to analog, by doing so, you created your sync problem, and then you had to use a function buried deep in a menu somewhere to add artificial delays in order to sync the audio and video back up. Keeping everything digital in the first place would have saved you a ton of headache, and given you more flexibility with your audio choices.

But as long as it works, that is the main thing. Seriously though, look into upgrading to an amp with HDMI built in (at least for your main viewing room). There are always receivers on craigslist for cheap...not to mention the prices are coming down like crazy. You can get great quality with all the bells and whistles for less than $700 all day long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-funkenstein View Post
The DNC sucks.
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: This post is provided 'as is' for informational purposes only. The OP (Original Poster) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyTaper View Post
There is that unmistakable delicious air of animus wafting throughout the forum this evening
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes