View Single Post
Old 2011-02-10, 10:08 AM

Re: unable to decode flac files on mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddaj View Post
Can't even use xACT 1.72 got this error:
song.flac: dyld: flac version mismatch for library: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version of user: 7.0.0 greater than library's version: 5.0.0)
Hmm, maybe 1.72 doesn't work with 10.3 anymore. I thought it might, but I haven't had a 10.3 machine to test on in forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddaj View Post
I tried XLD again, and let it run for almost an hour, and it finished this time.
Not sure why it took so long, maybe because my hard drive doesn't have much free space.

scb, you are correct - I used xACT 1.58 to convert 24-bit files from here:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...ad.php?t=74611

But xACT 1.58 gives this error for the files I can't convert:
song.flac: ERROR while decoding data
state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_UNPARSEABLE_STREAM
The FLAC stream may have been created by a more advanced encoder. Try
metaflac --show-vendor-tag song.flac
If the version number is greater than 1.1.2, this decoder is probably
not able to decode the file.
I really need to upgrade my os!!!
Are you on a PPC machine or Intel? xACT 1.58 was using flac 1.1.2 on Intel machines but 1.1.1 on PPC machines. So if that Steely Dan show was encoded by 1.1.2 on an Intel machine but you're using a PPC machine, that could explain the incompatibility. It was fixed in 1.59 and later. I can try to hook you up with the last version that worked on 10.3 if you still use xACT for some things. I could just send you a bunch of versions after 1.58 and you could see which still worked. 1.59 updated flac to 1.1.3 and 1.60 updated it to 1.1.4. I think 1.61 or 62 updated flac to 1.2.1
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes