View Single Post
Old 2005-06-16, 11:21 AM
You are TOO

Re: Firewalled- tried everything

For one, were you running both firewalls at the same time? If so, DO NOT. Running more than one firewall can lead to conflicts. A lot of people say they do it with no problems, but from my experience with helping others, it usually leads to more problems. Besides, a good firewall, configured correctly is all that is needed. What little I know about XP's and Norton's firewalls, I'd opt for Norton, but I prefer Zone Alarm to both of those.

If you were only running one firewall at a time, are you sure you opened the port(s) for TCP traffic? Opening for UDP for Bitorrents is unnecessary, though it won't hurt your transfer rate. Check your BT client's setting to verify that the ports used match the ports forwarded in your firewall.

Are you using a proxy? That may be the reason you're getting the message that you're firewalled.

If you've checked all of the above and are still having problems, disable your firewall and try it. If it works, then you know where the problem lies. After disabling the firewall, reboot your computer to make sure it is disabled. Check the status of the firewall to verify that it is indeed disabled.

Let us know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes