View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 12:12 PM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian
First of all I'd like to state my opinion about donations. I think donations are good if they are used to cover server costs and the whole thing is transparent to users. The way this site handles this (listing server costs, etc.) makes it very credible. That's one of the reasons why I chose to seed my recordings here.

Of course you can do whatever you want on your site and with your site. I have a big problem with the way that site is run and the way you're asking for donations all over the place. That is why I did not want my recording on your site. I do not want to help you with your questionable ethics. That's all.

Also, I find it rather funny that soon after my initial seed here you posted the following:

However, the recording ended up on your site (obviously against your wishes) and then you go ahead and post some childish comment to basically tell all tapers to fuck off. Who's generating the negative energy here?

I have been discussing the issue with some other tapers since. Many of them are planning on taping the Smashing Pumpkins on the current tour with top equipment. We have come to the conclusion that it would be best to run our own private tracker for tapers only. In the end, fucking with the supply of recordings will be the only thing you guys seem to understand.

btw: Thanks for putting the recording on your private HTTP server for everyone to download (without questionable donation requests and idiot mods). I think that's a very good idea for people who don't know how to use Torrents. I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I appreciate it.
Yes Sebastian, I changed my mind. I realized the members of our site don't need my own will or feelings controlling their usage of music. I realized it was wrong of me to try to control them in this fashion, much how you were, so I changed my mind. Call it free will. Just trying to break the cycle of "sound control".

Tapers can do what they want with the supply of recordings. You aren't holding us hostage, you are holding the community hostage. But do what you want, as I've stated, we didn't start this situation, but we are part of the snowball effect. You put the dominoes in place and let the first one fall when you wrote your source text.

thats nice you are ok with the http downloads. From the start I have only wanted to get this show out to the fans. Such a joyous thing, which is pretty much why I was too dejected to even speak about this initially, as to me, this put a black cloud over a experience which could have been very wonderful for all fans involved. All of the new TSP on ZOMB has been ratio free downlods from the start, meaning people who download them don't have the bytes counted against them, but their uploaded bytes count. So its win-win. But as of last night we made the entire tracker ratio free until Tuesday morning. It's our ZOMB memorial day SuckAThon.

Good luck with your tracker. If its just for a handful of people just put up a forum and run flippy's tracker. You won't have to code anything and you can have it up in minutes.