View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 11:28 AM

Re: What are Site Admins allowed to do with donations?

If OUR website (zomb) wants to ask OUR members to send in a few extra dollars so OUR website can buy some gear that people who have already purchased tickets to concerts can use to go out to tape shows to release to the public, than where is the problem with this?

When this request went up do you think thousands of dollars started rolling in? Is that the issue here? I believe since we asked for help with the gear we have received around $45 total. So far on the gear I have spent $175. Due to spend another $100-$150 easily, and that doesn't even consider the upkeep, peripherals, and the cost for the staff to send the gear back and forth. Its not an all inclusive paid trip as some people like to believe.

We also ask everyone who donates what they want the money they have sent in to go towards. So far all have said the taping gear.

If we don't bring in the total amount that I have spent, NO BIG DEAL, the gear will still go out, and we will still tape shows.

The fact that I have asked OUR members to help offset this cost should not concern anyone and I find it extemely funny that people on other websites are worried about what we do on ours.

Also we are not going to recognize any tapers whishes where they believe they can control who people share the data they've downloaded with. Our sites views on this are stated clearly on our front page.

Quote:
Requests By Tapers

Posted on: 2007-05-25 22:31:46 GMT (17 hours ago)
Requests by tapers telling you where you can or cannot share a show you have downloaded should be ignored.

Tapers do not have the right to tell you who you can share your files with.

If you feel you owe respect to people who use source text files to spread hatred and ignorance than you need to re-evaluate your place in this world.

If you see someone making comments like this, stand up for yourself and let them know you are not going to let them control your data!

Thank you,
ZOMB Torrents
People that don't like the site, don't need to visit. But I understand being able to say, I am not these people, I am better, helps validate your existence, as people do it every day.

And if you really really think that people sharing music, anywhere, is hurting people, or the world or the scene even, (especially because some pompous person made a comment in a text file) than you need to do more than just hang out in the trading community.