View Single Post
Old 2009-08-13, 03:42 PM

Re: DS Problem - Come on Technogods help us out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioarchivist View Post
A tip I've always heard for electronics that get wet is to firstly not turn them on. Wet circuitry will short circuit and fry stuff inside.
You should immediately immerse the electronic thingy into 99% isopropanol alcohol, and let it sit in this alcohol bath for a few days. Water and other liquids will make circuits rust, which again will fry them. Alcohol is harmless, and allows the water or whatever to evaporate without oxidizing.
After several days of alcohol bath the water or coke should be gone, take the item into the air again, and now let the alcohol evaporate. Ta-daa!

I've never tried it, and I can't guarantee it, but I'm told it works. Cellphone in the toilet? Dip it in alcohol. MP3 in the pool - iso it! DS with coke on it? Pure rubbing alcohol to the rescue! use the 99% stuff, not the watered down 70% type - impurities are not your friend here!

I've read this method years ago, and I'm only guessing at how long you'd need to immerse it to let the water / sugar soda crap dissolve, but I think that's about right.

Of course, you turning it on wet with sticky coke probably didn't help. Powering up a device is the last thing you should do to something wet...

Good luck, and tell me if it works!

I did this with a beeper I had years ago and it worked. Many years ago.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes