View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 05:24 PM

Re: DVD Ripping/Editing/Burning tutorial - NEWBIES READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecher View Post
1.) "Ripping" a DVD
If all you want to do is copy a DVD, the safest and most foolproof method is NOT to use DVD Ripper, DVD Shrink or any other program which processes a file. It's so easy it's mindnumbing; use WIndows Explorer (or the Mac/Linux alternative). Yes, simply copy the VIDEO_TS folder off your DVD and onto your local hard drive by doing a "Copy/Paste". You can collectively smack your foreheads for thinking it was more complicated than that.
I've tried that with a DVD that did not have CSS or any type of DRM, and it didn't work, spat out an error. (I know it was non-DRMed as I burned the dang thing myself!)
I found both SmartRipper and DVD Decrypter work well, although of lately SmartRipper's been asking me to stop ripping before it even starts. So I'm relying more on Decrypter. Unfortunate that Macrovision's got a hold of it, though, great little piece of software.

Also found that while VLC can open ISO files that are DVDs, Media Player Classic can open the IFO files directly. I don't think TTD allows ISOs, but I use them for testing DVDs I author. Still having trouble making one with decent menus thats in sync.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes