View Single Post
Old 2006-06-14, 06:24 AM
db.etree.org/chachi420
TTD VIP

Re: BAD trader, Liar= Ragu420 Ragu421 whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by skodechoker
You keep contradicting yourself though

You agree with that, but then you disagree with it. By stating that a electronic trade is no different, than you are insinuating that anyone with a bad ratio is not a good snail mail trader.

My whole point to arguing was Calvins insistence that because woody has a bad ratio that he is automatically assumed to be a bad snail mail trader.

They are seperate instances, and there are hindrances sometimes which holds someone back from sharing to the 1:1, older torrents with a lack of leechers, slow upload, a wide variety of things.

No one should be branded a bad snail mail trader because of their ratio, electronic is one thing, mail and actual discs is another. I have a shit ratio, but thats not going to stop me from fulfilling a snail mail trade or trying my hardest with my limitations to better my ratio (which was even worse a week ago ).
ok, one last explanation since you are obviously slow on the issue.
Snail mail trades are separate from electronic trades. Agreed. We both agree that it is important to trade 1 to 1 on snail mail trades. Electronic trades are still "trades" therefore they need to also try for 1:1 ratio. There is no difference in that a "trade" requires the two parties to be on equal terms.

By your reasoning, for being electronicly defecient as you say your bandwidth is, than one would not have to honor snail mail trades because the post office is too far away....or likewise because they can't afford stamps/discs etc. So it would then be ok in your mind to not honor your part of the trade with someone for these types of defencies as well? That makes no sense.

The fact of the matter is that EVERYBODY has faster dl speeds than ul speeds. That is why we have to monitor our ul/dl individually since there is no official rule on the matter. If everyone had poor ratios like your 0.3 then I guarantee you this site would not still be around. Period. FWIW, my internet is 500 kbps dl and 35 to 40 kbps ul. That doesn't mean that I should have a ul/dl ratio of 40/500, or 0.08.

It all comes down to giving back what you receive--whether for snail mail or electronicly, they are both "trades".

I think that should be clear now...at least to everybody but skodechoker!

"If your share ratio is less than 1.0, then please offer b&ps and/or freebies to give back to the TTD community" ~Chachi
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes