View Single Post
Old 2008-07-18, 10:32 AM
Now he's just a bag of garbage

Re: Intermittent firewall issue

Thanks to everyone who gave advice; but now today, the problem is gone. And i didn't really do anything. This morning i fiddled around with my router's IP address, but that didn't lead me anywhere, so i just changed it back to what it was.

i started utorrent, and checked a number of the torrents that i'm seeding and they all listed my port without the dreaded red number. i started three new torrents and still no red ports. So who knows.

As i said in my OP, i really think it has something to do with connections requests getting timed out somewhere along the way, like a sketchy DSL line, or my bandwidth is maxed out and the request can't get through. Do either of those make sense?

On a somewhat related sidenote: i can't get to my DSL modem thorugh the wireless network.

The setup is: Line in > Modem > Linksys > me

Previous to changing the modem over to bridge mode, i was able to log in to it over the network using an address of 10.0.0.2

But now that no longer works. Then i plugged the computer directly into the modem and was able to access it. So, what might i be doing wrong over the network?

----------Nothing is Real!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes