View Single Post
Old 2005-03-06, 12:50 AM

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerem
Gotta give this a shot,shntool makes me nuts. It may be a much different sort of code but an ability to quick scan to see if music files are overloaded-clipping,would be a neat feature. Clipped peak issues seem about as common as SBE's and are even more noticable. I can load all the waves into Soundforge and look song by song but I don't want to do that for every disc I burn. Other shows come with very low levels. Generally normalizing individually scans a song for peak and adjusts from that,so t-1 and t-2 may not be at the same loudness but the normalizing will try to make them so,which makes it not useful for live shows. a batch normalizer that could load a disc's worth of songs,find the peak of the whole group and apply equal adjustment woul be a nice trader tool too. Maybe such a prog exists and I missed it. It looks to me like mkw is fading from use,and ape never caught on-takes forever to decode ape on my machine. Before long flac will be the norm with some shn,while the various others will seldom be seen
I think it might be better to leave a job like this to a WAV editor, a prog like Audacity could do this.

If it's just available blindly at a push of a button I'm not sure that's a good thing... even if it was programmed as perfectly as possible I'd still want to look it over in a WAV editor to make sure it was done right before passing it on. So maybe it's better just to do it in a WAV editor.

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes