View Single Post
Old 2005-03-05, 02:46 PM
rerem

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Gotta give this a shot,shntool makes me nuts. It may be a much different sort of code but an ability to quick scan to see if music files are overloaded-clipping,would be a neat feature. Clipped peak issues seem about as common as SBE's and are even more noticable. I can load all the waves into Soundforge and look song by song but I don't want to do that for every disc I burn. Other shows come with very low levels. Generally normalizing individually scans a song for peak and adjusts from that,so t-1 and t-2 may not be at the same loudness but the normalizing will try to make them so,which makes it not useful for live shows. a batch normalizer that could load a disc's worth of songs,find the peak of the whole group and apply equal adjustment woul be a nice trader tool too. Maybe such a prog exists and I missed it. It looks to me like mkw is fading from use,and ape never caught on-takes forever to decode ape on my machine. Before long flac will be the norm with some shn,while the various others will seldom be seen
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes