View Single Post
Old 2007-03-02, 06:59 AM

Re: Banned for the wrong reason: JETHRO TULL 1978-10-09 Madison Square Garden, NYC (NTSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
simple as this showtaper, the show yer talking about is below our standards...whether or not it is compliant in regards to playability makes no difference...despite the fact that all these formats you keep bringing up are "compliant", they are NOT the standard...honestly, i would guess less than 1% of all professional DVDs produced last year were sourced from footage with one of those specs [and thats probly generous]...

as for our rules, we don't say anything re: any file that's compliant, we specify none that are from VCD/SVCD/DivX etc spec'd material, which this show is from

yes, all DVDs are lossy, which is why we only allow "the best" in regards to the MPEG codec suite [and you know which that is]...fact of the matter, a 352x240 MPEG1 is not going to have near the quality as a 720x480 MPEG2...you can argue all you want, but that is the simple truth

whether or not you don't like the wording, sure maybe we could change it...but up to this point, everyone has understood what we meant by that rule...and so do you, i have a feeling...but i'm sure we could edit it
Actually, when I'm in a shit mood, I just like to fuck with people.

Just keep those 23rd generation VHS transfers coming folks, as long as
they are Traders Den compliant, they are "the best".....
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes