View Single Post
Old 2006-12-21, 01:19 AM
TTD Staff

Arrow Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppHead72
Sorry. Let me provide more info.

I click on Add in TLH. I open 3 MD5 checksum files. They are all in the same file as the SHNs. When I click Verify there are errors on all files and the error message I stated above is on every line of the process log. This has happened on several different complete files I have downloaded. I can decode and listen with no problem but the fact that there are errors makes me think something is wrong. I have tried downloading the same files again to the same results. I have tried uninstalling TLH and reinstalling and nothing has changed.
Thanks for the additional info! Because your shn files can be decoded properly a) something is wrong with(in) the checksum file, or b) the checksum file is not located in the folder it should be.

Please check the file names given in the TLH error messages with the file names on your drive. If they do *not* match either the shn files were renamed after the checksum file was made or you were given a wrong checksum file.

If the file names do match read on. Checksum files only make sense if they can be used on *everybody's* machines, i.e. they need to be as independent as possible from the folder structure of the storage media they will be created on. That's why there is a root folder involved: all file paths in the checksum file will be listed based on that root folder (so you don't need to know what folder structure is above the root folder). That means that only files located in the root folder and its subdirectories can be added to a checksum file.

Example: The given folder structure is C:\music\lossless\Iron Maiden\IM2003-xx-xx.shnf with two subdirectories of IM2003-xx-xx.shnf called disc1 and disc2. If you choose IM2003-xx-xx.shnf as root folder, all files located in IM2003-xx-xx.shnf and its subdirectories may be added to a checksum file. In the checksum file files will be listed as follows:

693d0a41fd911fffcf0f4f03438eb34d *back.jpg
7a9c9ccac7db0bea78c43e41574fd777 *front.jpg
9c711bdb5e9082606196e04f818eaf6f *info.txt
b19dcc4fe60118f538ec9634cb9847bc *disc1\track01.shn
5441dd41650e52f929c47bec2d20d1a5 *disc2\track05.shn

Please open TLH, select "Verify checksum files", and add one of the md5 files. Double-click on the name of the md5 file. A new window will open that shows you the contents of the checksum file. If the md5 file is located in the same folder as the shn files you should see only lines like the first three ones in the example above. If there are lines like the last two ones in the example above you have to move the checksum file to the folder above the one it is located in right now. But if the checksum file is located in the right folder and if the file paths in the checksum file are correct then the checksums given must be wrong.

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes