View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 09:06 PM
St Annie

Re: This is a Mac question too..... and a vote of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel View Post
Don't close your program and don't stop the torrent when your download is finished. Keep both open - you will turn into seeding mode. There should be two columns in your torrent program:
Peers - total number of people who yet download and to whom you are connected (or not)
Ratio - balance between your downloaded and uploaded bites. Ideally it should be 1 or over. Now you have almost 0.0

Sometimes you may not upload at all even "Peers" number is not 0. It's because there can be many "Seeds" (like you), and "Peers" find shorter route to them, and they may also offer better upload speed. However, if the ratio is bad then keep the torrent open until it improves, of course if the torrent is not completely 'dead' - 0 "Peers" for a long time.
Hi, I'm back here after being away for a long time. Just started torrenting again. I successfully downloaded the Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's show when it was available (not sure if it still is as is now a commercial DVD release - by the way can someone tell me how to search the site for things you are looking for - I couldn't work that out.....)

Anyway, as I said I completed the Jeff Beck download but it is showing in my Bit Torrent list as not started and so it wants to re-do it, whereas I already have it and want to make it available so I am a seeder.

It is in my DOWNLOADS folder on my Mac and when I double click on it , I get the message "Torrent already added: This torrent (or one with the same contents has already been added).

Can anyone advise me how to fix this - or should I not put it up for copyright reasons? Also would like advice re searching the database.

Thanks again. Good to be back. Annie.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes