View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 03:07 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Audio - Audience Re: recommend a audio recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
i have been debating now, either zoom h2 or edirol r09. which one of those two is better? ive done my extensive research and these two fit what I want, but needed some opinions on which one is better
Right now I'm on a roadtrip, taping 6 Heart shows with an Edirol R-09HR (with external mics and pre's) and a Zoom H2 (with other external mics), and with this A/B direct comparison and my previous experience with both units on their own, I would go with the R-09HR. I think its a little easier to use and a bit more robust and solid feeling, and I think the internal mic pre's and A/D D/A converters are a little better in the Edirol unit. The Zoom seems kinda cheap by comparison (figuratively speaking) as well as literally cheaper, but you get what you pay for...

R-09HR and Zoom H2 have capability to record 24/96 - the regular R-09 only does 24/48, but its cheaper if you can find one still...

I really like the looks and features of that Tascam DR-100, though! That'd be my recommendation over the R-09HR for sure.

Yes, work on stealthiness, because these are (any one of them) what you want to use, and yes, people like me bring more than one unit (I'm working with three recorders for this run of shows in full stealth mode) there's nothing smaller worth using as it is right now.

Go for it man!