Thread: Sharing
View Single Post
Old 2016-07-22, 05:33 PM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Thumbs up Re: Sharing

What I hate more than someone propagating something on another torrent site is when they strip out your text file and convert them to eMPty3 files and put them in their monetized blogs and shit. Or, take your shows and press them as Japanese silver CD bootlegs. Or vinyl!

It might not be good form to post stuff around without letting the taper know, but I think it truly sucks when someone takes a taper's freely shared work and takes it and makes money from it... But that's a whole different thing!

Quote:
So, I've successfully traded bootleg to that guy one day. Later I've noticed that he posted it for downloading on his fan site or blog dedicated to that band idk.
What did I just read there? LOL
So I think I'm reading that you shared something new (previously uncirculated) with someone, and they put it on a site dedicated to that band that has all of their shows on it? I don't know... Who's that guy? haha... It sounds like it makes sense for that show to be posted on a fan site with all their shows (if that's what it is) but as Dennis (and others) said, it's nice to ask first. Some folks do, some don't, and some are just assholes. It's up to you to decide which one you think he is...

It happens sometimes. Either roll with it and don't worry too much about it, or become a serious hoarder who will never share anything and plan on having a big coffin you can bury yourself with your collection! hahaha! I'd just enjoy and share and try and have fun and not worry too much about the kooky ones. I enjoy the "virtual backup system" of my shows being traded out there in the wild in case I ever need to get something back I know that people have it! I think that's a good reason to share freely no matter what...