View Single Post
Old 2005-06-15, 04:28 AM
omnipotent+nervous ticks

Re: Foobar2000 SHN > FLAC Conversion: A Visual Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five
I think there might be an issue with the latest version of FLAC ... does anybody know about this?
Yep. I had the same problem, so I got the latest version of the foo_flaccer (the flac encoder) from here. Download the zip for flaccer v0.5.2, unzip to your foobar2000\components directory & restart foobar. Seems you also need to have the latest version of flac (v1.1.2) installed, since the plugin uses those libraries.

Another very very useful plugin for foobar2000 not mentioned in this thread (as far as i could see) is the amazing Trader's Friend which will auto-tag your FLACs by reading the accompanying .txt file. Artist, track names, date, album etc. is read from the txtfile and tags added. It's fabulous. It's been made with live shows / etree standards in mind, and it actually understands most of the txtfiles you feed it! Sometimes, when things are too un-standard, you may have to edit the txtfile to get it to work. See the above link for lots of info on what the plugin will understand. Get version 0.5 or version 0.6 preview (0.6 is probably the best one, but it's not completely finished. works like charm for me anyway.)