View Single Post
Old 2011-07-18, 02:26 PM
TTD VIP

Re: New audio torrent rule, no remasters unless by specific permission

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedwacker View Post
I love how people throw around the term remaster without any regard for it actually means. If I record something (audio wise that is) what is initially recorded on the master analog or digital is a raw recording. It has to be mastered first before it can be remastered. If I put it up here and specifically say it is raw then any Tom, Dick or Harry can master it anyway they want it to sound and you by your own rules have to allow it because it is not a remaster but technically a mastered copy. On top of that 27 different people can take that raw recording and master it 27 different ways and you'd have to allow them all because they are all unique masterings.
Thanks for putting up the masters I sent to you on another site.

I can't wait to see how long before someone scarfs up something of mine and runs over here to put it up............ and how long before this new rule goes right out of the window.

Or watch and see just how long it STAYS up.... probably just long enough for certain mods to let their pals suck it down ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner View Post
yada yada yada...

so no, we will not be allowing the 27 various mixes...the whole point is if a raw or old recording is gonna be messed with by some random user to "make it better" [to their ears on their listening set up], fine but it shouldn't be spread around...cuz of the hundreds of folks out there "remastering" these recordings, there are only a small handful who have the knowledge and gear to properly mix said recordings
So, since you have NO idea what I did to a master recording BEFORE sending it out, and since Mister Weedwacker only has what I sent him to work from.... then by your own rules, my new releases are not allowed here.

That suits me just fine.

Keep on with your Silver BOOTLEG and "Source: ZERO" garbage.

And enjoy the George Harrison 11/26/74 silver bootleg with the false lineage and whatever UMTEENTH Led Zeppelin recordings that are passed off as "master recordings" that certain ABT mods are so fond of........

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!

Last edited by freezer; 2011-07-18 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes