View Single Post
Old 2005-06-07, 01:43 PM
You are TOO

Re: Azureus Bittorrent Help

Are you on a network or do you have a router? If using a router, give the make/model number please.

If so, after reading this "bind to local IP address set to my IP address" from your first post, I'm thinking you may have used the wrong IP adderss to bind to.

If you do have a router, you'll need the IP address assigned to your computer by the router (your LAN IP). You'll also need to forward the appropriate ports to that same IP address. If you're on a network, you'll basically have to do the same thing as with the router.

To get your WAN IP (the one you need if NOT on a network or using a router, go to HERE.

To get your LAN IP (the one if you ARE on a network and/or using a router, go to your Start Menu and look for the shortcut to "Command Prompt". Hit that shortcut and then type in the window (without the quotes) "systeminfo". After a few seconds, you'll get a bunch of information about your system, including your LAN IP. It'll probably be at the bottom under IP Address (es). It is NOT the DHCP address.

You didn't say if you were using XP Home or Pro. I'm not sure if it works on XP Home. If not, let me know and I'll help you find it.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes