View Single Post
Old 2016-05-25, 01:25 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Why are tracks left unlabled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrcoq View Post
I assume the site has the math correct, so not "technically" zero, but low enough not to register. He has to do some uploading to get to 0.005 so that it rounds up to 0;01

45.09 GB/76.23 MB/0.00

Now HOW he possibly manages that...he no doubt waits until there are a bunch of seeders, downloads the show, and then runs, like John said.
45.09 gigabytes is 46172.16 megabytes

46172.16 divided by 76.23 megabytes = a very low share ratio number!

Now, to play devil's advocate for a second, he *might* just have an ISP that throttles the crap out of his upload speed. But, so do I, and look at my ratio! Som no, it does look like someone who goes out of their way not to share back...

But, I do agree about non-track name names. I also gotta say how much I despise the whole "Band name date tracknumber" titling scheme when the files aren't also tagged with actual song names. It *really* sucks when you've got to open a text file in order to see any names next to my player. I think the folder name should have band and date, and tracks should have number and actual song name. And, tags!

I didn't tag files until about 2010 or so. Now I wouldn't post anything not tagged.